Medical care has become an expensive affair today. Instant catering to huge hospital bills may not be probable for all. With big diseases like cancer, cardiac problems, severe joint problems, etc. becoming common, it has become difficult for the common masses to bear the expenses at ease.
As per a survey, less than 10% of the population of India has the ability to pay Rs. 5 lakh or less in case of a surgical emergency. Mediclaim is the best answer in such a situation. With a mediclaim, an individual or a family can lead a stress-free and worry-free life and any inconveniences related to health will be taken care of by the insurer.
Many people are still most comfortable purchasing from an agent. Are you one of them? Then have a look at this guide:
- Always choose a reputed health or medical insurance provider in order to reduce the probability of facing problems in service or claims.
- Listen to your agent carefully to know about the product's specifications. In particular, understand the exclusions and co-deductibles.
- Another question to ask your agent: Is the claims procedure simple? What are the claims statistics of the provider?
- Don't hesitate to ask your agent any question regarding your policy or provider…it is important to be completely clear on it from the start.
- Final point to keep in mind once you buy your health insurance plan: be sure to collect the receipt of the payment made - it is your right!