The key to investing is it doesn't have to be complicated. Here, we have detailed five basic steps in investing that take you through understanding the process of setting goals, choosing investments and managing your entire portfolio.
We at Essens Investment Services highlight those useful tools and resources that not only validate your investment choices but also build a solid and successful portfolio.
Five steps to plan your investments are as follows:
- Set your goals and interrogate yourself (Goal Setting)
- What are my financial goals?
- When do I want those to be fulfilled?
- How much money do I need to contribute to obtain the same?
- Generalize what kind of investor you actually are? (Risk- Assessment)
- How crucial it is to me to make out good returns out of investments?
- Am I comfortable with an idea that I may lose money if I want to grow my savings faster?
- How it is going to affect my finances if I fail to obtain the expected returns?
- Select a right mix of investment portfolio convenient to you (Risk profile check)
- How a good mix of different investments help me obtain growth that I am aspiring for?
- Know which investment vehicle I am comfortable with?
- Choose specific investments & find your investing style
- Keep good records of investments that you go for. Review and adjust your portfolio to stay on track